I am privileged this month to be hosting Lyndsey's Sweet Heat Chilli Challenge. For those of you who have no clue what I am talking about, the lovely Lyndsey blogs over at Vanilla Clouds and Lemon Drops and is a chilli-ophile :-) Every month a new theme is announced for the challenge, and the only requirement is that your recipe entry needs to have chilis/ chillis/ chilli peppers or peppers in it. Any kind of chili is accepted, mild or hot.
That said, this month's theme makes it really simple to have chilli in your recipe, as its that perennial spicy favourite, (East) Indian food. Indian food is one of the most popular cuisines in the world with reason. It can be hot and spicy, or with just a hint of heat and a myriad of spices. Hot, spicy and comforting, what more do we wish for? Any way you look at it, you cannot go wrong with it, especially after a month-long orgy of sweets, chocolates and decadent desserts.
So pull out those spices and grab those chillies and let's all be honorary (or real) Indians for this month :-)
More about how to enter. There aren't that many hard and fast rules, and most are really simple.
- There are three ways to enter this challenge -
- The easiest way is to use the Linky List at the bottom of the blog post. Just click on the 'Click Here to Enter' line and follow the simple instructions.
- You can also email me your entry. Just send the link to your recipe post + a picture, if you wish, to email@example.com and please remember to CC in Lyndsey at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are using this way to enter. You don't have to email if you add your link below, as both Lyndsey and I will receive your entry.
- Leave a comment with a link to your entry in the comments section. Please note that I approve comments first, so it may take a while for your comment to appear.
- Tweet your recipe using the hashtag #sweetheat and I will retweet any that I see. You can also tag me or Lyndsey in your tweet (@michpetersjones or @LyndseyFleenor)
- Post on our blogs' Facebook pages if you feel up to it as well. Here's my Facebook page and Lyndsey's page.
- You can create your own recipe or make your favourite recipe but please credit the original source if using someone else's and you must write your own directions for the recipe.
- You can enter as many times as you like. The more the spicier.
- The round up will be on the 30th of January and you have until the 29th to enter. Entries will close at midnight on the 29th January (Canadian Mountain Time)
So, what are you all waiting for? LET'S ROCK INDIAN!!!